I thought I would share a Copic Mixed Media project that I created for some store owner classes that I taught last month in Houston. I really loved using my Copic Markers and Various Ink refills for something a little different.
All of the color you see here was either painted, dyed or hand colored with Copic. I painted my 6″ x 8″ canvas with Various Inks, and then went from there. The white is Opaque White applied with foam brush through a Square Motif stencil from MFT. Other MFT stencils were used with the Copic Airbrush System. Love that look. The Zinnia Bouquet image was colored with Copic Sketch, masked with Mask It film and then airbrushed. I know it looks intimidating, but really an easy piece to pull together. We did this in a 2 hour class. 🙂
In other Copic news, the first certification classes and new workshops of the 2014 calendar are being offered in Anaheim in conjunction with CHA this coming January. I have a brief outline on my Copic Marker Classes page. To see the full schedule and class description, look HERE. Be sure to peek at our new workshop classes HERE. The classes will be lots of fun and so informative. I hope you have the opportunity to take one or three! They are going to be a lot of fun!
Back soon with more paper goodies. I’m thinking about trying December Daily this year. Anyone else have ideas, feedback or tips to share about that?
- Stamps: Zinnia Bouquet – Taylored Expressions & Typewriter Alphabet – MFT Stamps
- Paper: 6×8 art canvas – Hobby Lobby, ledger paper – Doodlebug Designs, old hymnal – thrift store
- Ink: Espresso Truffle Memento Ink – Tsukineko
- Copic Products: Opaque White, Various Ink refills & Markers (R35, R39, YR15, YR18, Y32, Y35, Y38, E33), Copic Airbrush System
- Accs: burlap trim – Maya Road, sequins, twine, button, foam brush, glitter