A few weeks ago, I was fortunate to attend the fabulous UNWIND retreat with Lydia Fiedler. The retreat was so fun because I was able to try a lot of new-to-me-techniques. I was most excited about using my Gel Press because I’ve had it for a longtime, but was super intimidated to bring it out in my craft room!
I needed some “purple” cards in a pinch this week. I don’t know what I’ve been waiting for! The Gel Press comes clean with your lift prints and the brayer is easy to rinse and wipe off.
Here’s how I did it:
- rolled a very thin layer of white acrylic paint onto my Gel Press with a brayer.
- dropped Copic Various Ink refills over the white paint and rolled again with my brayer – you have to work quickly with the alcohol inks
- stack a stencil over both the white acrylic and alcohol ink onto the Gel Press – here I’ve used Chevon Arrow Stencil from Taylored Expressions
- applied cardstock over the stack on the Gel Press and lift – the first print I used for the card on the left
- lift the first print and then the stencil – and press a second piece of cardstock to the Gel Press – this is the print I used for the card on the right
- applied both prints to cardstock bases and added sentiments
Love how quick and easy these were to make!